Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cycling for Libraries: Copenhagen-Berlin, 1st Cycling Unconference for Librarians

Cycling for Libraries: Copenhagen-Berlin, 1st Cycling Unconference for Librarians May-June, 2011

 I think that I was switched at birth with a Danish baby. Throughout my life my values have been more in-line with Northern Europe than my beloved United States: exercise, eating small portions of quality food, simplicity in clothing and makeup, riding bicycles/motorcycles instead of cars, and minimal living in small spaces.

 When I heard about the Cycling for Libraries Unconference taking place this summer, I literally felt my heart reach out of my chest. I wanted to attend so very much. But fiscal reality kept me from flying to Europe with bike in tow.

   I would love to be involved with the European unconference in the future or help to organize something similar in the United States. For a long time I have fantasized about organizing a bike ride to raise awareness about health and sustainability issues as they relate to librarians and libraries. The bike ride would begin in Chicago (at the ALA offices) and end at the American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment