Friday, July 15, 2011

Family and Motorcycles


Motorcycles and family. Many considerations.

My family back in Kansas doesn't know I have a motorcycle. Three years ago I had a motorcycle accident that left me with 20+ broken bones and four months in recovery. My mother and five siblings would rather not know that I purchased a 2009 BMW F650GS one month ago.

And now... my partner and two young adult children have just obtained their motorcycle endorsements and I'm not sure I like it.Emma, Ian, and John all succesfully completed the Motorcycle Safety course at Caldwell Community College and obtained motorcycle endorsements on their NC licenses.

And truthfully, I am nervous about my loved ones riding. But to forbid them to ride would mean an end to my riding as well. And chances are, they would ride anyway.

So here is to family togetherness, allowing loved ones to make their own decisions, and offering my beautiful BMW650GS as a sacrifical lamb to the beginning riders in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment